General Worship Times and Schedule
9:15am | Pre-Service Prayer in Upper Prayer Room (follow signs)
9:45am | Celebration! Station Opens — Parents can sign in or wait until kids are dismissed from the service (during music)
10:00am | Worship Service begins
11:30am | Service Ends … and many folks head downstairs or to lunch for fellowship (and retrieving children)
During the week:
Small Groups meet throughout the week on campus and in homes.
Men’s FIGHTclub meet occasionally for fellowship and/or service projects.
SEEDs, our Women’s Ministry regularly holds activities and special events.
Life-on-Life Discipleship / Mentoring also happens regularly.
Church On Wednesday is a worship service on campus at the University of Ottawa each Wednesday at 7pm during the semester.
Hints for Visiting Us …
Before you arrive:
- Poke around our website to get a feel for our faith-family.
- Click on the “teaching” page under the “media” tab to stream or download a sermon.
- The dress code is pretty casual … something like “if you’d wear it to dinner at your mom’s house, you’re probably good.”
As you arrive:
- Parking is free both in the lot onsite and along the street. Look for our signs and check our location page for further details. As you climb the steps, you’ll probably see one of our greeters should you need a hand.
- Once through the doors, you’ll find the warm, smiling faces of our greeters who will assure you that you’ve made it to the right place.
- If you have children ages 1 – 8yrs., a greeter will show you to the Children’s Ministry rooms — “Celebration! Station”. The children’s ministry staff is experienced, loving, and safe. More on C!C Children’s Ministry
During the service:
- The service typically begins with some worship music from the band to begin focusing us upward.
- Following some brief announcements and prayer, music lyrics are projected on the front screen to aid in singing praises together to our Great God.
- Bible based teaching/preaching follows, and are generally recorded and posted here on the website.
- Don’t have a Bible? — No problem. Bibles are available around the room for you to use. If you don’t own a Bible, let us know, we’d like to give you your very own as a gift!
- The room is fully accessible for friends with wheel chairs.
- There is room at the back of the room and in the foyer to offer a comfortable spot for mothers with small children, if needed.
- Also, near the end of the service, we take up an offering. As our guest, you’re invited to give should you desire . . . but there is certainly no pressure or expectation. Giving to support the church and its ministries is another way we worship the God who gives us everything.
After the service:
- If you have questions or would like someone to pray with you about anything, please feel free to join members of our Pastoral Team and hosts in the Parlour adjacent to the main room.
- Or you can head downstairs to the Fellowship Hall to grab a snack and meet some people.
- Don’t be alarmed by the people buzzing around . . . there’s always lots to get done, plus we have a French-speaking church who use the sanctuary after us.
- On your way out, don’t forget to stop by the Concierge Desk and grab a special gift that we have for each of our guests!
- Finally, remember that there are lots of other ways to connect! Are you interested in Life-on-Life discipleship? Or are you looking to visit one of our weekly Small Groups? Check out some of the other ways to connect under the “Ministries” tab.